Rich and I pre-celebrated Valentine's day with a nice dinner, anticipating him being out of town. But celebrating with the three little men on the day was still fun. Luke and Jack woke up to a box of sugar cereal in their room (poor Cole was limited to Barley cereal). Jack came out beaming that morning: "How good would YOU feel if you woke up to a box of Lucky Charms?" (Kind of nice that he can't read, so he doesn't know that it was actually the store brand.)
Apparently, the holiday got Jack thinking. On the way to church, he says urgently, "MOM! Will you turn that music down and help me decide who I'm going to marry?!!!"
Me: Right now? Okay.
Jack: I know why people get married.
Me: Why?
Jack: Because they are best friends. But I can't marry any of my best friends.
Me: Right. But someday you will have a really good friend that is a girl.
Jack: There are two girls my age who I am good friends with. One of them already knows who she's going to marry. So my only hope is ___.
Me: She is a nice girl.
Jack: The problem is, she is going to take FOREVER to grow up.
And so the discussion began.
5 comments:
haha that's cute... so he's moved on from marrying taylor huh? sad. we got to get them together more often :-)
That is classic! Don't you just love these moments! My, what they come up with!
Congratulations Chase and Amanda! Yes, it is so wonderful to see how God is working in their lives! I'm very happy for them.
Hi Tiffany! That is great news about your brother and so cute the conversation with Jack. Shelby (she's 7 now) thinks she is going to marry Evan's friend McCarthy and they have been friends since they were little. I tried to explain to her that it's not the way things normally work out but she just has her mind set on it! Hope you all are doing well! I will enjoy checking up on you through this blog. I still can't seem to find time to do one since I'm using all my time checking other people's! Just kidding... I think the homeschooling and having baby on the move might have something to do with it. He just figured out how to crawl and is trying to go up the steps already. Time to break out the playpen and start some playtime in there!
Love,
Eva
Great picture of Amanda and Chase. AND they do look happy. Nice ring too. I posted this in the wrong place the first time, ok, I'm just learning and I'm not the only person that did this.
Post a Comment