And once again, it involved another Walmart story.
It went like this: I hadn't been able to get to the store by myself to pick up some things for the boys' Easter baskets. So on Easter morning I set the alarm a little early and went to WalMart (it was the only thing open). I was only gone a half an hour, and expected that the kids would still be asleep when I got back.
When I got back, I found that Jack had been up for awhile. He had found some candy that was leftover from Luke's birthday, which he incorrectly assumed was for his Easter basket. So he organized it.... using a sharpie and the brand new colored mixing bowls a friend gave me for my birthday.
I was dismayed, amused, and impressed all at the same time.
Next year I will be more chill. But I have to say, the work was more than worth it for the beautiful day we spent pondering the resurrection and being with family.
One highlight was the re-emergence of this Easter outfit:
Jack, 2005:
Luke, 2007:
Cole, 2009:
The cousin pairs were just adorable.
Luke was a great participant in the egg hunt this year.
So was Jack (nothing motivates him quite like candy).
But Cole dropped his Easter basket like a hot potato. Why carry that thing around when you can carry a basketball?
Or wear it as a hat?
And for your further insight into our Easter, I give you our failed family photo-op:





3 comments:
oh too bad, those bowls were so pretty. Jack is one expensive child girl.
Also, the repeating easter outfit reminds me of how Jayme and them you wore the same outfit as me (your mother) on your first easter. Just a wee bit out of date.
Oh my gosh, Tiffany. This is the funniest story, Jack has no problem taking initiative. I love it! You have the best stories.
Post a Comment