Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vacashin*

*Jack's Spelling

The drive to San Diego.

As you can see, we had the beach pretty much to ourselves on the 4th of July. Ha Ha.

This smile says, "I just changed a flat because I hit the curb and then I walked two miles to park the car, but I am so glad my family is having fun." (He has also not yet received the parking ticket for not cramping his wheels on a hill).





Jack was enthralled with the ocean.






Bring on the airplane ride.

One of many amazing lego replicas.

Tiffany and Albert Einsten, courtesy of Jack.

Four firefighters.


Luke was surprisingly brave on all the rides - didn't pass on anything he was tall enough for- but he was most intrigued by the Sea-Life Aquarium.


I guess I should have told him, but I thought it would be funnier to take a picture.


The end of a Legoland Day.

Other memories for the record:
  • Cole realizing that he was not necessarily confined to his pack-and-play
  • Time with the Wheelers: three kids playing Poptropica on three computers, wine and Wimbledon on DVR, Spaghetti Factory, running, boogie-boarding and Roberto's
  • Tony's Jacal and Stone Brewery with Kate and Toby
  • Escondido car show and 4th of July fireworks
  • Peterson's Donuts
  • UP
  • Reading during the boys' naps
  • Discovering Rich's gluten intolerance (good thing we went to all those restaurants first)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you guys had a good vacation. The best thing is that Rich is feeling better.

Rebekah said...

So glad you had a great time and SO sorry about the gluten intolerance. (Did you know Ronan is now lactose and wheat intolerant? FUN.)

Charlotte said...

Looked very fun!! Glad you got to "escape" life and the heat and have a good time making a family memory!!