I'm not surprised that Luke was the first to have a self-inflicted facial laceration. He seems to regularly miscalculate things like distance, force, and body position. Take jumping off the bottom bunk of his bed and plowing his head into the top bunk, for example. Or pulling cole's highchair, with Cole installed, on top of himself. Or biting his finger while putting food in his mouth. (I understand biting your tongue, but your own hand?)
For this week's winner, he stepped right off the couch and came face to face with our coffee table. (The fact that this high-quality IKEA coffee table is filled with paper apparently did not soften the blow. I thought this was a strange filler choice, but now I know first-hand it presents no advantages whatsoever).
Before the magic glue.
After the onset of the black eye.
I have to say that Luke was incredibly brave during the cleaning and "gluing" of his wound. He was a model patient, except for the myriad of questions to the doctor like "Why does everyone here keep washing their hands?"
I guess if he doesn't learn coordination, he will at least learn toughness and pain management.
No comments:
Post a Comment