
How we'll miss your four-year-old mind...
Mom: We don't clean our room by shoving everything under the bed.
Luke: Aw, come on, there's so much room under there.
Teacher: Does anyone know what an air show is?
Luke: I do. It's when there's air on television.
Mom: I'm sorry you don't want to put on pajamas, but you're going to do it anyway.
Luke: Well, you're in charge of this whole house but you're not in charge of outer space. And you're not even the boss of Jesus either.
Mom: Just ignore your brother. Words can't hurt you.
Luke: Yes they can - they can get you a spank!
Mom: Luke, that was very smart of you.
Luke: Yes, my brain is bigger than most humans'.
Luke: Yes, my brain is bigger than most humans'.
Mom, Guess what? I was fired from my job, so I get to stay home with you all day! I thought you'd be happy about that.
Luke: My Dad gave me a pocketknife.
Woman at church: Oh really? (concerned)
Luke: Yes, and I use it to kill alligators in the pond in my backyard.
Frequently used words: habitat, predator, appetite, apparently, tendency, secret lair (aka fort).
Foiled Ploy: Telling his teachers at church that it was his birthday when it wasn't. He got the birthday song and extra snack for several weeks in a row until the teacher rotation started over and someone caught on.


2 comments:
Hi Big 5 year old Luke! I just read your Mom's post on the Gaggler. You certainly are handsome, smart, sensitive and more. Also very blessed. Seems like you have a wonderful life and you surely had a wonderful birthday. The last time I saw you, you and Yaya took me to the Tucson Airport so I could come back to my home in Albuq. I hope you and YaYa stopped looked at some the airplanes that were there. Did you have a great time with Popa and YaYa? They sure did have a good visit with you and so did I when I stayed with you
So,have the HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY YEAR EVER! GG
Luke you are so very fun! Grandad and I think you are very special and can't believe that you are 5!!!! I read all those things your mom wrote that you said and I laughed out loud!! You are very funny! We love you!!!!
Nana and Grandad
Post a Comment