Friday, June 8, 2012

Out of Africa

Thanks to my Mom and Groupon, we had a fantastic day trip to Out of Africa in Camp Verde, AZ. We discovered that if you go around say, June 4 or so, it even feels like Africa there. Whew!

The African Bush Safari was my favorite part—where you ride a bus through the habitat of some exotic animals. When you come upon some of them, you don't need to be told twice to keep your arms inside the bus. 

The kids loved feeding the giraffes and camels... though seeing Cora's arm disappear below the elbow into the giraffe's mouth was a little disconcerting. Amid several loud gasps, her arm was retrieved intact. (Did you know that giraffes don't have teeth on top?)


Rich whisking Cole and Cora to the front of the bus where the giraffe was.





Cole feeding a camel


Ostrich egg










I handled the heat ok, but the sticker shock of paying $60 for hot dogs and popsicles nearly did me in. It's ok though—the experience was worth it. Plus, I know it was really the wildebeest's lunch I was paying for.


In the tiger show, men played games with the big cat inside her cage. I couldn't help but be nervous for them.


The boys each got a turn feeding the tiger.




Jack holding an anaconda



I love spending a day with my little exotic animals!

No comments: