Saturday, May 10, 2014

D-Backs!

Oh the highs and lows of baseball. Home runs and heartbreaks, scoring streaks and strike outs, moving higher in the batting order and getting benched... all in a game.


Once again, Rich took Jack to most of the games because they usually started too late for the younger kids. However, I thoroughly enjoyed Saturdays and every night of tournament week. Except for when Jack was at bat and I was biting my nails, it was a great reason to actually sit down and enjoy the beautiful weather. And, even when I had to bring all the kids and watch them by myself, I noticed that doing so was getting a little easier. Concessions would occupy them for quite awhile, and when money ran out, Luke and Cole would play a little catch or hit in the batting cages.

Jack always made sure he was supplied with blue water flavoring ("for the electrolytes"), seeds, and gum for each game.


He nearly didn't play this season because of a bad coaching experience last year, so we're grateful that we got another chance to enjoy this beautiful sport. It was also his first season to play with glasses, which made a huge difference. Case in point: one home run and a couple of key clutch plays! Yeah Jack!


No comments: