Tuesday, June 2, 2009

13th anniversary

Thanks to my mom, mom-in-law, and some kind friends who watched the boys for us (and thanks to the swine flu for the cheap rates in Rocky Point), Rich and I were able to celebrate our 13th anniversary by the ocean.


This was our not-too-shabby view from the bedroom.



I had plenty of time to stare at the ocean and meditate on Psalm 11:4:

He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered; 
the LORD is gracious and merciful.

One of his wondrous works that came to mind was how in highschool my friends/acquaintances would go to Rocky Point for spring break. I was never allowed to go since sleeping around and getting drunk were the norm. Looking back, I see how God protected me. I could have gone down many paths, but instead, I find myself celebrating 13 years of marriage to a most faithful and fascinating man.

And God, adding to this marriage,

Gives the barren woman a home, 
making her the joyous mother of children. (Psalm 113:9)

A husband. Children. A home.

From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the LORD is to be praised. (Psalm 113:3)






5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Great pictures! I love the one of the two of you. We are so proud of you both!!!

Andrea said...

so glad you two got away for a few days, tiffany. and great perspective on rocky point. :) God is kind, indeed.

Deborah Geesling said...

Oh, that brought tears to my eyes Tiffany. So grateful for God's grace in your life, it is so very evident and inspiring to me.

Anonymous said...

Your verses in Psalms also reminds me of Ps 16 and how you liked that chapter when you were young and shared that with me. I love it too.

1Preserve me, O God, for in you take refuge. 2I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you."

5The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
6 The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

8(M) I have set the LORD always before me;
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

9Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices;

Rebekah said...

13 years! Amazing. You guys put our 10 to shame. ;) So glad you got some time away together, to relax and enjoy one another and reflect on God's goodness.

Oh, and I love your bangs! Very cute. =)