Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lukey Logic


Heretofore, Luke was the boy who feared the water and "swam" without getting his face wet. But on a recent trip to the pool, his confidence buoyed by 2 weeks of swim lessons, Luke jumped in before Rich or me. Jack came to his rescue and dragged him to the side.

[Jack, dramatically]: Luke, you were drowning. I saved your life!

[Luke, sputtering]: You don't need to save my life. I like drowning.

*****

Me: Please don't play with the popsicle sticks.

Luke: I'm not playing with them. I'm pretending they're swords.

*****

Rich: Check cashing stores are a rip-off.

Luke: Oh, so they cash your check and then rip your arm off?

*****

Luke, walking up to a neighbor girl he'd never met: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

(I'm thinking it's a good thing he's 3 and not 23 with lines like that).

2 comments:

Deborah Geesling said...

Oh, I love it!

Hayley said...

Ha ha ha! That kid is hilarious!