Monday, October 26, 2009

Lovin' Luke



Papa, introducing Luke: This is my grandson Luke. Luke, can you say "Hi" to my friend?

[silence]

Papa: Luke is a bit of a contrarian.

Luke, loudly: No I'm not!

***

Mom, when we grow up, do you want to be pirates?

***

Mom, can I go play in the soil?

***

Can I wear a costume outside to scare away the ants?

***

Me: No Luke, I said to dump the packet of cough medicine on your tongue, not on your toe.

***

To illustrate the effects of laziness, we gave the boys a tour of my parents' rental house which had been trashed by a bad renter. They had let the dogs use the bathroom inside, and the backyard had been littered with 3 truckloads of trash.

The next day Luke says, "Remember when Papa drank too much beer and threw all that trash everywhere?"

***

Luke to Auntie: This is the dumbest lunch ever. Can I have some more?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can guarantee that he didn't drink too much beer. He doesn't like it. Luke is pretty funny though . I miss him. mom

Andrea said...

your boys have THE funniest facial expressions! i love that first picture. HAHA