Thursday, June 3, 2010

Best Mother's Day

The week before Mother's Day, Jack began holding secret meetings with his Dad and brothers. I wasn't privy to all the discussions, but I did overhear this conversation that took place in the bathtub:

"Listen guys, what Mom wants more than anything in the whole world for Mother's Day is for us to be good. Can youguys do that? Luke? Luke, can you obey? Cole? Cole! Come on guys, for Mother's Day!"

So Sunday morning came, and as usual I snoozed the alarm a few times. When I finally got up, Jack was there to give me a hug. "I've been coming in every time your alarm went off-- I didn't want to wake you up but I wanted to tell you happy mother's day right when you got up." (I was secretly relieved that I had not received breakfast in bed).

He then told me that he was more excited about this day than he was about getting his video game privileges back (Mother's Day also happened to be the end of his month of being grounded from video games). If you know Jack, you know that's saying something.

After church, he sent me on a scavenger hunt which involved a series of hidden clues. Once I found the clue (my favorite hiding spot was underneath the outside trash can), I had to translate it from Greek using the decoder he provided.


The clues finally led me to my mother's day card, which was a bouquet of paper flowers with a note written on each one.



I also got a kick out of this card from Rich:


I don't think Mother's Days can get any better, especially now that I've received my four best Mother's Day gifts.

1 comment:

Erin said...

So sweet! My homemade cards from my little girls were my favorite too! So happy you're enjoying your 4 little gifts! : )