Somehow I made it to 35 without ever flying a kite (that I can remember). Thanks to a windy spring and some little kite runners, I finally had the pleasure.
I was so excited that it actually flew that I was hollering and taking pictures. I must have embarrassed the boys in front of the neighbors because Jack said, "What's so amazing, Mom?" and went back inside.
3 comments:
I agree. For some reason it is even more fun with your children. Even if they're not as excited as you :o).
The first time I flew a kite with my boys, Jake was crying because he thought he would fly away...just like George had done in a Curious George book. Oh, the memories!
I flew kites. Where were you? that hints of a deprived childhood, thank goodness you are ok. :)
Loved your mom's comment ... makes you wonder what our kids won't remember, ha! Oh well, glad you had so much fun ... SF almost always has a nice breeze going, so it's perfect for flying kites here! In fact, we're going to a kite-flying birthday party this Saturday!
Post a Comment