Dear Cole,
You are a such a nut! You crack us up with your evil laugh.
You love corn on the cob, chips and salsa, and popcorn. You play with nerf guns, water balloons, anything involving a ball, and board games (you invent your own way to play with the pieces). Your favorite right now is Tabletop Sports. You are very positive, and enjoy almost everything except for Luke's science documentaries. Jack says you are "gifted" in video games (imagine how proud we are). You've made huge strides in swimming this summer and have nearly mastered the water.
Here are a few of our favorite Cole stories:
One Sunday, when I had everyone in the car to leave for church, you snuck back in, locked us out, and started to play the Wii ( a brilliant plan except you didn't know how to start it). You ignored me banging on the door and ringing the doorbell for 10 minutes, but caved when I got eye contact with you from the back window. When I asked why you did it you said, "because this is my lair."
Our nightly bedtime routine:
Cole: Mom, can I pray for you?
Me: Sure.
Cole: Dear Jesus, help mom not to get shot by a giant rocket launcher. Help her to play all the games. Amen. Mom, can I talk to you?
Me: Sure.
Cole: I prayed that you would not get shot by a giant rocket launcher and that you would play all the games.
Me: Yes, I heard that. Thank you. Just so you know, I can hear you too when when you are praying out loud.
There are really only two instances in which you are not agreeable. One is after your nap, which, consequently, has been eliminated. The other is your reaction to being told "no," which is as follows:
1. Repeat the demand with emphasis: I, said, I, want, it!
2. Perform a rapid high knee march in place.
3. Fall in the floor.
4. Repeat the demand I, said, I, want, it! ad nauseum in case the issue is my hearing.
4. Fight discipline like heck.
(I am really praying you get some self-control because you are too athletic not to).
We had variations of this conversation for three months leading up to your birthday:
Cole: Good morning. Is it tomorrow yet or is it still today?
Me: Well, now we call it today. Yesterday we called today tomorrow.
Cole (angry): "But you said it would be tomorrow after I woke up!"
Me: I know. I promise I am not messing with you.
Me: How was church?
Cole: I went to class, and God was in the Bible, and we prayed for God, and then there was bread (snack).
Cole to Luke: Quit coughing (copying) me!
Me: Cole, why did you go outside and leave the door open? It's hot out there!
Cole: Well, I had to go to the bathroom.
Me: Hurry up Cole, It's time to go.
Cole: Mom, come look at the clock. There's some numbers that aren't close to some other numbers. So we still have time.
Yaya: Let's talk about opposites? If it's not open, it's what?
Cole: Shut.
Yaya: It it's not morning, it's what?
Cole: Night.
Yaya: If you're not stupid you're what?
Cole: Cole.
When you were about 2 years old I remember getting in the car to do an errand. As soon as we pulled onto the road you piped up eagerly from the back: "So Mom, are we having fun now?"
Yes, thanks to you, Coconut, we are.
Cole's 4th Year from tiffany richardson on Vimeo.
3 comments:
What a blessing you are Cole to all of us who love you. and yaya does love you and you know the end of that statement don't you Cole?
That was precious!! Nana loves you too Cole! You are such a blessing and a gift to us!!
Happy Birthday Cole!! What a sweetie, thanks for sharing the pictures ~ adorable!
Post a Comment