Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Easter

Now for a little catch up.

My Mom and Dad and brother Joel came for Easter and it was a great time. Chase and Amanda joined us too of course, and we had a very non-traditional meal of grilled chicken salad with fresh berries and candied pecans. I would say more about this, but that would be akward because I made it. (This blogging thing is still new for me).

Unfortunately the boys and I didn't get to go to church because Jack woke up the night before with a fever, crying that his lips were "stiff." I understood this to mean "chapped."

The next day, I tried to encourage the boys that we could still celebrate the resurrection even though we had to stay home. "It's disappointing boys, but we can still" -then Jack finished my sentence - "have an easter egg hunt." Yep, well, that too.





Looking back, I think I might have gone a little overboard on the Easter baskets. I say this, for one reason, because Luke thought they were from Santa. Also because that's the night Rich got worried about where I was and found me in Walmart at 12:30 in the morning. I felt pretty bad about him having to drive around when he should have been working on his Easter sermon... but let's go ahead and blame it on the steroids I was taking for a foot injury (I couldn't sleep, so it seemed like a reasonable thing to do).





And if searching for your wife is not enough of a distraction, Rich got to do his message prep with pinkeye. Pretty cool, huh?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

three cheers for another post on tiffany's blog! yay!

wow, those are some very special glasses rich has on...

i'm sure the boys loved their easter baskets - they look fantastic! i want one! :)

Rebekah said...

That has got to be the funniest thing I've read in awhile. From a midnight run to Wal-Mart in the middle of the night to pink eye, to Easter baskets that are so rockin' Jack thought SANTA brought them ... that's an Easter (AND a blog entry) I won't soon forget reading about!

Anonymous said...

someday your boys will certainly enjoy reading your blog. Will it last that long? mom