Monday, September 29, 2008

Peach Dreams

It's been awhile since I've posted, but don't worry.... we're doing just peachy.


How could we be otherwise with 50 pounds of juicy goodness from our food co-op? So far we've had peach shortcakes, pancakes with peach compote, peach smoothies, and peach juice. 

It was possibilities like these that prompted me to plant three peach trees in our backyard last year. One at a time, that is (casualty rate: 100%).

Anyway, enough talk of who killed who. I'll just be grateful for this boon and try to convince myself that a lemon tree would be nice.


Stop by for dessert if you can, ok? I still need an excuse to make peach pie, a cobbler, and peach ice cream.


3 comments:

Courtney said...

Okay have you HEARD the peaches song by the Presidents of the USA? It's like your anthem now!

Deborah Geesling said...

O.k., just say the word and we are so there...yum!

Andrea said...

if you make peach ice cream will you please please PLEASE invite me over?!?!