Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Love in Real Life: 1 Cor. 13 for Parents

If I quote scripture without ceasing, but don’t show love, I am a frustrating person to be around. And if I wisely discern the gifting and character of my children, and plan accordingly for their future, but don’t show love, they are no better off. If I nourish their bodies and get them to bed on time, and if I clean the house and do the errands, and sacrifice my desires and take them to fun places, but don’t show love, I have done nothing for them.

Love is patient and kind in matters great and small; love does not ignore disobedience or react with anger when a sin is committed. It does not yell loudly when something is undone; it is not self-righteous or preoccupied; it does not speak harshly when we are late, but is adaptable with the agenda. Love is always forbearing, humble, and gentle.


For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. Rom. 7:19

But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. I John 2:1

No comments: