Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Hand that Rocks the Cradle

I recently came across an article where John Erickson, author of the Hank the Cow Dog series (one of our favorites), thanks his mom and affirms motherhood. 

If you're a mom, you might want read it

I was encouraged by the article, and very encouraged by the creative means God uses to speak to me. You see, I wasn't reading back issues of World Magazine - I was doing a craft project with my son that involved ripping out magazine pages. And there it was, just what I needed to read.

2 comments:

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

That was the article that introduced me to the Hank books... Now that I'm reading chapter books with Xander, I should check that out again. He'd probably love it!

Anonymous said...

and I remember my mom telling me "honey, remember, it goes by so fast. You will only be doing this a short time." That was true. You are doing such a great job!! I'm so proud of you.